Thursday, March 12, 2009

Making old memories new...

Today was really fun.  I attended my first swim/dive meet in almost 5 years, and let me tell you, it brought back a lot of great memories.

Diving was a form of therapy for me in high school. I remember how great it used to feel to be out at the pool for 2-3 hours a day just doing something other than homework or things pertaining to the academic side of school.  I was very successful on the diving board, I tried hard and did well and it was something I became very proud of and now, something I greatly miss.  Which is one of the reasons I went out there today.

I decided that now that I am back and living in Visalia, I want to try and do more.  So Tuesday I went out and talked to my old coach, Deidra (she is still the coach), and told her that I wanted to come out and help out with the meets.  She was more than happy to have me come out, so that's what I did.  It was great to be out there again watching the diving kids remember how it used to be for me.  Hopefully I will be able to get out to more of the meets this season!

On another note, I just go back from having dinner with some wonderful ladies from church.  They are such great company and I really like spending time with them!  Now I am home watching a, finally, new Grey's Anatomy!

Hope you are all having a great week!  
 
God bless!

No comments: